2020 PUBLICATIONS OF FACULTY MEMBERS, DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
1. Baranski, E., Kate Sweeny, K., Gardiner, G., Onyishi, I. E, Ogba, K., …& Funder, D. C (2020). International Optimism: Correlates and Consequences of Dispositional Optimism across 61 Countries. Journal of Personality.
2. Lee, D. I., Gardiner, G., Baranski, E., International Situations Project, Onyishi, I. E., Ogba, K.,…& Funder, D. C (2020). Situational Experience around the World: A replication and extension in 62 countries. Journal of Personality.
3. Enwereuzor, I. K.,Onyishi, I. E., Albi-Oparaocha, F. C., &Amaeshi, K. (2020). Perceived leader integrity as a mediator between ethical leadership and ethical climate in a teaching context. BMC Psychology, 8(1), 1-11.
4. Kowal, M., Sorokowski. P., Sorokowska, A.,Dobrowolska, M, Pisanski, K, …,Onyishi. I. E. … &Zupancic, M. (2020). Reasons for Facebook Usage: Data From 46 Countries. Frontiers in Psychology, 11:711. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2020.00711
5. Walter, K. V., Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., …,Onyishi. I. E. … &Zupancic, M. (2020). Sex differences in mate preferences across 45 countries: A large-scale replication. Psychological Science.
6. Orjiakor, C. T., Weierstall, R., Bowes, N., Eze, J. E., Ibeagha, P. N., & Obi, P. C. (2020). Appetitive aggression in offending youths: Contributions of callous unemotional traits and violent cognitive patterns. Current Psychology.
7. Ezenwa, M., Orjiakor, T., Ukwuma, M., Oraetue, H., Ude, E., &Nweze, T. (2020). Tracking opiate routes in Nigeria: Identifying trafficking routes via dealers and users of Tramadol and Codeine. Bulletin on Narcotics. doi:http://doi.org/10.17863/CAM.50293
8. Ugwu, D. Orjiakor, C.T., Ugwu, L.I.,Ezedum, C.E., Ngwoke, O.R., & Comfort Ezebuilo (2020). Narratives of childless widows: exploring the lived experiences and well-being of childless widows in rural Nigeria. International Journal of QualitativeStudies on Health and Well-being, 15(1), 1713657, doi:10.1080/17482631.2020.1713657.
9. Onwujekwe, O., Orjiakor, C. T., Hutchinson, E., McKee, M., Agwu, P., Mbachu, C., …& Balabanova, D. (2020). Where Do We Start? Building Consensus on Drivers of Health Sector Corruption in Nigeria and Ways to Address It. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 9, 7, 286 – 296.doi: 10.15171/ijhpm.2019.128.
10. Eze, J. E.,Chukwuorji, J. C.,&Uzuegbu, C. F. Roles of gender, social anxiety and extraversion in drinking patterns among Nigerian students. Drugs, Education, Prevention
& Policy. http://doi.org/10.1080/09687637.2020.1810207.
11. Odinka, J. I., Nwoke, M. B., Chukwuorji, J. C.,Egbuagu, K., Mefoh, P.,Ndukuba, A. C., Nwoha, S. O., &Odinka, P. (2020). Dependent Personality, mindful awareness, and marital satisfaction and their association with postpartum psychological distress in two tertiary hospitals, southeast Nigeria. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 31(2), 920-938. http://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2020.0069
12. Eze, J. E., Chukwuorji, J. C., Idoko, S., & Ifeagwazi, C. M. (2020). Does peer pressure and sensation seeking differentially influence substance use for male versus female trauma-exposed youth? Journal of Substance Use. Online first. doi.:10.1080/14659891.2020.1738575.
13. Chukwuorji, J. C., Nweke, A., Iorfa, S. K., Lloyd, C. J., Effiong, J. E., & Ndukaihe, I. L. G. (2020). Distorted cognitions, substance use and suicide ideation among gamblers: A moderated mediation approach. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. doi: 10.1007/s11469-020-00232-0
14. Onu, D. C.Ifeagwazi, C. M. & Onyedibe, M. C. (2020). Enacted support matters in the relationship between psychological distress and health-related quality of life among type 2 diabetes patients in Nigeria. Psychology, Health & Medicine, DOI: 10.1080/13548506.2020.1778755
15. Ugwu, D. I., Onyedibe, MC. C., (CA)& Chukwuorji, J. C. (2020). Anxiety sensitivity and psychological distress among hypertensive patients: the mediating role of experiential avoidance.Psychology Health & Medicine,doi 10. 1080/13548506.2020.1764599.
16. Onyedibe, M. C., Chukwuemeka N. A.,& Ifeagwazi, C. M. (2020). The Effectiveness of Group Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy on Anxiety, and Depression among Nigerian Breast Cancer Patients. International Journal of Psychology and Psychological Therapy,20(2) 223-232.
17. Ugwu, F. O., & Onyishi, I. E. (2020). The Moderating Role of Person-Environment Fit on the Relationship between Perceived Workload and Work Engagement among Hospital Nurses. International Journal of Africa Nursing Sciences, 100225.
18. Onu, D. U.,Ugwu, D. I., & Kator, S. I. (2020). Negative centralisation of HIV/AIDS’trauma and health-related quality of life: Do Posttraumatic stress symptoms explain the link?African Journal of AIDS Research. Doi 10.2989/16085906.2020.1797842
19. Enwereuzor, I. K. Adeyemi, B., & Onyishi, I. E.(2020). Trust in leader as a pathway between ethical leadership and safety compliance. Leadership in Health Services, 33(2), 201–219. http://doi.org/10.1108/LHS-09-2019-0063
20. Omenma, J. T., Onyishi, I. E.,& Okolie, A. M. (2020). A decade of Boko Haram activities: The attacks, responses and challenges ahead. Security Journal, 1-20.
21. Onyishi, I. E.,Amaeshi, K., Ugwu, F. O., Enwereuzor, I. K. (2020). Going the extra mile because my organization does: How does corporate social responsibility influence organizational citizenship? Management and Organization Review, 16(1), 169-197. doi:10.1017/mor.2019.44
22. Ezenwa, M.O., Orjiakor, C.T., & Onu, D.U. (2020) Incarceration impacts cognitive performance, and prisoner status matters. The Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology,http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Z7UPWPTEXDRIC9DYXE39/full?targe t=10.1080/14789949.2020.1784249
23. Eze, J. E., Orjiakor, C. T., Iorfa, S. K., & John, C. (2020). Beyond criminality: exploring associations between psychopathic traits and lifestyles among non-offenders in sub-Saharan Africa. The Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology, 1-17.http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14789949.2020.1768278
24. Chukwuorji, J. C.,& Iorfa, S. K. (2020). Commentary on Coronavirus pandemic: Nigeria.Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. DOI: 10.1037/tra0000786
25. Onu, D. O., Ifeagwazi, C. M.,& Chukwuorji, J. C.(2020). Does posttraumatic growthbuffer the association between death anxiety and quality of life among people living with HIV/AIDS? Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings. First online. doi: 10.1007/s10880-020-09708-6
26. Eze J. E., Ifeagwazi, C. M.,& Chukwuorji, J. C.(2020). Core beliefs challenge and posttraumatic growth: Mediating role of rumination among internally displaced survivors of terror attacks. Journal of Happiness Studies, 21(2), 659-676. doi: 10.1007/s10902-019-00105-
27. Chukwu AN, Okonkwo U. Mefoh P. C. (2020) Prepared herbal remedy use among artisans in Nsukka (Nigeria) motor-mechanic village. African journal of drugs and alcoholic studies 18, (2) 97-107.
28. Nweze, T., Nwoke, MB, Nwufo, JI, Aniekwu, RI & Lange, F. (2020). Working for the future: Parentally deprived Nigerian children have enhanced working memory ability. Journal of Psychology and Psychiatry, 6(4), 2-9
29. Sorokowski, P., Sorokowska, A., Karwowski, M., Groyecka, A., Aavik, T.,Onyishi, I, E.,… & Atama, C. S. (2020). Universality of the Triangular Theory of Love: Adaptation and Psychometric Properties of the Triangular Love Scale in 25 Countries. The Journal of Sex Research, 1-10.
30. John E. Eze , Chibueze Fortune Uzuegbu & JohnBosco Chika Chukwuorji(2020): Roles of gender, social anxiety and extraversion in drinking patterns among Nigerian students. Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy,
31. Agwu, P., Ogbozor, P., Odii, A., Orjiakor, T. C., & Onwujekwe, O. (2020). Private money-making indulgence and inefficiency of primary healthcare in Nigeria: a qualitative study of health workers’ absenteeism. International Journal of PublicHealth, http://doi.org/10.1007/s00038-020-01405-3
32. Orjiakor, C.T., Ede, M.O. & Emebo, C.M. (2020). Dissocial personality traits and past experiences matter in how people perceive the police. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, http://doi.org/10.1007/s11896-020-09403-0